Meet Rebecca from Rebecca Virginia DIY,
she is our featured maker for October 2023!
"My name is Rebecca and I am a lifelong crafter and DIY'er. Like so many in 2020, I found myself craving community, which inspired me to launch my own Youtube Channel and Instagram. I love having a creative outlet but more importantly I'm proud of the group of subscribers and supporters I have cultivated through my platforms."
|SHOP CORDLESS/CORDED||SHOP MORE CORDLESS|
2. What do you love most about the creative process and what is the hardest part?:
3. What inspires you to create?:
I love to craft for the holidays and changing seasons. My favorite crafts are seasonal decor pieces.
5. How do you manage and overcome creative burnout?:
Whenever I feel burnt out, the next holiday comes along and I get so excited for the change that my burnout doesn’t last long! Every year I try to top my crafts from the previous year so there’s always a challenge for me!
6. Have you experienced a fail? How did you work through it and what did you learn?:
All the time! There’s so often I’ll have an idea in my head that doesn’t work out. It’s disappointing in the moment but the best thing to do is quickly move on, and focus on the next idea and craft!
7. What advice would you give to someone who wants to get started?:
Just do it! Even if it’s not perfect, it never will be, so don’t wait for the perfect circumstances, just get started!
8. What’s next for you? (a new project? a new technique? a new venture?):
I am getting married in two months! Wedding crafts are definitely not my typical DIY style so I have been learning so much about acrylic, wood, and so many new materials!
Check out more from Rebecca: